The best cardio exercise is simply the one you will do day in and day out consistently. Choose one which you enjoy doing and don’t be afraid to mix the exercises up. Interval cardio work consists of moving from one exercise to another in set time intervals. For example, you could do the elliptical trainer for 15 minutes, then switch to the stationary bike for another 15 minutes and finish off on the treadmill for the last 15 minutes. Interval training is a great way to keep everything fresh!
There are two schools of though when it comes to cardio training. The “slow & steady” group and the “high intensity” group. These two groups breakdown like this:
Slow & Steady Cardio
- Long duration (45min – 1 hour)
- Low intensity
- Burn fat and not carbs
- Preserve joints
High Intensity Cardio
- Short duration (20min – 30min)
- High intensity (interval training)
- Burn tons of calories & rev up your metabolism throughout the day
- Treat cardio like weights – explosive movements (sprinting, etc)
Which Cardio Exercise Burns the Most Calories?
Below are the top 10 cardio exercises which burn the most calories in 30 minutes.
1. Step Aerobics – one of the most favorite cardio exercises preferred by women. Step Aerobics mainly target your legs, hips and glutes, and can burn approx. 400 calories in 30 minutes.
5. Rock Climbing
6. Cross-Country Skiing
8. Elliptical Trainer
Below are the top three cardio exercise for H.I.I.T training (High Intensity Interval Training) which will provide amazing results!
1. Jumping Rope
You can read this and more at this link- www.shapefit.com/cardio-exercises.html