A big part of what we do here and what we learn as humans as we mature through life is taking responsibility for your own actions. In this new age of frivelous law suits and people wanting to be handed a good life with no work involved, we are seeing it fade into dust. More and more we see someone file a suit because they didn’t know the coffee would be hot if it spilled. We take responsibility for our injuries and risk in training and you do as well. What we do on this website is show you another way to do things. None of what we do is a recommendation for you. We are not trying to impress upon you a product for our personal gain or profit and take no responsibility in how you use the information provided on the website.
A Friendly Warning. High Intensity workouts have been known to cause a rare condition called Rhabdomyolosis. Rhabdo as it’s commonly referred to, occours when a person overexerts themselves without proper conditioning and preparedness and can be fatal. Muscoskeletal fibers break down into the blood stream flooding the liver and kidneys. Learn more about Rhabdo here… https://www.google.com/health/ref/Rhabdomyolysis and here… http://journal.crossfit.com/2005/10/crossfit-induced-rhabdo-by-gre.tpl
Don’t get overexcited and drop weights on your face. Don’t overexert yourself. Know your limits and ensure you are getting proper rest and nutrition between workouts. Drink plenty of water. Train smart and consistently. Don’t rush a few training sessions expecting quick and drastic results. DON’T TRY SOMETHING YOU AREN’T CONFIDENT DOING. Seek professional guidance if you are’nt confident about training on your own SAFELY. Any questions answered on this website are answered with personal opinion based on experience and should not be misunderstood as professional guidance. We are simply a group of people trying to push themselves and help others where it is needed along the way. Please keep this in the back of your mind as you read through our material. Read my post here for more on the subject. Reality Check
Fighting 101 Disclaimer
This is the All Around Intensity Acceptable Use Policy. Membership on the board indicates your reading, understanding and consent to this policy:
Simply put: Use common sense. Don’t be rude, offensive, break any laws, promote other business, or generally piss anyone off. Our Admin’s reserve the right to remove your account for any reason. If there are any questions regarding these simple rules refer to the below Barney style breakdown.
Membership on the board indicates that you have read, understand and consent to these policies: These guidelines are intended to help maintain order and to promote helpful and deliberate posts. These rules may change from time to time, so ensure that you check back on them.
- Posting under false or multiple identities is strictly prohibited. Users suspected of doing so will be asked to provide identification–for example, a faxed driver’s license showing actual legal name.
- The goals of this discussion board are to expand our understanding and knowledge of fitness and physical training, and to push each other to new limits in our pursuit of our personal fitness goals, whatever they may be. If these are not your goals, you may find another discussion site more suitable.
- We reserve the right to remove any postings for any reason deamed necessary by our trainers and Admin for any reason.
- Examples of inappropriate posts are those that are massively off-subject or exist solely to advertise a product; contain pornography, obscene material, racist material, any hate group material, materials promoting violence, threats or illegal acts, etc. Any such postings will result in immediate and permanent banishment of the poster.
- Topics that will not be tolerated on the board include politics, religion, and sexuality.
- Users of AAI should also understand that this is a privately owned site and that they are guests here. The owner reserves the right to revoke posting privileges and, when necessary, to permanently ban individuals.
- We require a high level of respect to be shown at all times to other users of the board. Bragging, Insults (either direct or indirect), bickering, and flaming of any kind will lead to suspensions and/or banishment from the board. Tolerance level for this behavior is extremely low.
- Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and denigrates another member at any time. We have zero tolerance for taking an argument about any topic to a personal level. For instance, the use of terms such as “idiot, moron, stupid” and other derogatory terms constitutes harassment. Repeated critical and sharply negative posts can also constitute harassment. This applies to all content submitted by users including posts, PMs, avatars and signatures.
- Copyrighted Material… Information from outside sources may be brought in accordance with copyright laws. You may post links to appropriate articles but posting articles from other sources in their entirety is not allowed. If you must repost quotes or sentences, please credit the source.
- Polite dissent or disagreement is encouraged. Polite disagreement with well-reasoned arguments and evidence is even more encouraged.
- Do lead by example – Nothing improves a forum more than posters who reason sharply, write well, and have some perspective about their subject. Be one of them. Any passing of the wrong information is subject to scrutiny and correction. Continuing to do so in order to improve your status on our boards will buy you a ticket out the door.
- Please preview your posts. You can go back and edit, but try not to do so if you can help it. I have been guilty of this myself (JON) but when a Training session is posted that is it. THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES.
- Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post.
- Do your best when it comes to grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Use of “AOL talk” and “hAx0r” talk is … well just don’t do it.
- Don’t use the board for profiteering. That said, we do accept useful links that cover an area of fitness useful to our members as long as the website does not provide it. Bodybuilding links are not welcome for the reason that we are in the business of improving fitness, not the perception of fitness.
- Finally, if this isn’t the place for you. We don’t want to hear about it… Just get out.
-Squats: thighs must be parallel to floor (at minimum) in the bottom position, full extension at the top of the movement
-Lunges: trailing knee must “kiss” the ground but may not support any weight
-Push-Press and Thruster: arms must lock out overhead, hips displace horizontally to the rear to initiate recovery of the weight, Thruster includes all attributes of a proper squat
-Kettlebell or Dumbell Swing: weight must be raised higher than the head (arms about 45 degrees)
-Box Jump: once established on the box the athlete must stand up completely, whether jumping for reps or max height taking steps to gain momentum is not permitted
Ball Slam: full extension at the top with hips forward, ball must actually be slammed (imagine that), catching it on the bounce is better style, rounded back not permitted during recovery
-Burpees: includes a proper push-up, explosive finish (jump), overhead clap, and feet remain together throughout movement to ensure maximum hip displacement
Wall Ball: full squat required, ball must hit target
-Dips: upper arm must be parallel to the floor (at minimum) in the bottom position, arms lock out in full extension at the top
If at all possible record challenges for video evidence. Lying, and harassment will not be tolerated.